Egg and Sperm Donation
The Cost of Egg Donation
Choosing to go through egg donation is a turning point in your surrogacy journey. You’ve created your plan and you are on your way to achieving your goal of family. There are costs associated with going through the egg donation process. The egg donation costs can impact your surrogacy journey in how you finance it and in how you pursue the surrogacy process. Learn more about the costs of egg donation and how to finance it by reaching out to a surrogacy professional today.
What Affects the Cost of Egg Donation?
There are many factors to consider when deciding to go through the egg donation process. Many of these will also determine how much egg donation costs. As you prepare, consider factors including:
- Fresh vs Frozen eggs
- How many eggs you need
- Fertility clinic fees
- Using an agency vs egg donor bank
Egg Donation Cost Breakdown
Agency Fees: $8,000 to $17,000
Egg Donor Fees: $10,000 to $40,000
- Egg donor compensation
- Travel expenses for medical screening and egg retrieval
- Local medical monitoring
- Compensation ins case of cycle cancellation
Legal Fees: $500 to $1,500
- Drafting and negotiation of the egg donor’s agreement
- Egg donor’s attorney legal fees
Screening: $450 to $1,000
- Psychological screening
- Genetic consult
Miscellaneous: $325 – $1,400
- Complications insurance
- Escrow account service fee
- Contingencies fees
Total Cost: $20,000 to $60,000
Financing Egg Donation
The cost of egg donation can add a large financial piece to the surrogacy process. Your surrogacy agency can assist you in your financial planning for the process, but most often egg donation is not included in surrogacy agency finance plans. This is due to the fact that cost can vary based on where you obtain your egg donation, the fertility clinic you use and more. Finding a way to finance the egg donation process can help you better prepare for what to expect from the financial aspect of the entire surrogacy process. Financing options include:
- In-house agency financing: If you’re going through an egg donation agency they may have financing options to help you afford the cost of egg donation. Other agencies may partner with lending agencies to help parents with the financial aspect of egg donation as well.
- Loans: Taking out a personal loan can help to finance the egg donation process. Work with your bank or research other lenders to learn more about their borrowing practices and pay-back plans.
- Crowdfunding/Fundraising: Some parents find fundraising can be a helpful resource for funding egg donations. Family and friends can be great resources for your crowdfunding needs.
- Grants: There are many grants based on specific requirements through various organizations across the country. Many of these grants are for egg donation or surrogacy to help offset the heavy costs associated with both.
Getting started on your egg donation journey can be simple when you work with a surrogacy agency. Finding the right clinic to work with, financing your egg donation and working through the surrogacy process can be done seamlessly when you connect with a surrogacy professional today.
Ready to get started? Contact a surrogacy agency now to get free information.