Using a Surrogacy Agency vs Independent Surrogacy
- Understand the difference between agency vs independent surrogacy.
- Determine what you should take into consideration when choosing between agency vs independent surrogacy.
- Connect with a surrogacy agency to learn how to pursue the process.
Before pursuing the surrogacy process, many parents want to know the difference between independent surrogacy vs agency. Often what the choice boils down to is the cost of each. However, it’s important to understand what is actually included with both.
Talk to a surrogacy professional today to figure out which is right for you.
What is Independent Surrogacy? [Surrogacy Without an Agency]
Those who want to pursue surrogacy without an agency will often choose to go through independent surrogacy. In this process they do not work with a surrogacy professional and will find their independent surrogate, attorney and other necessary professionals on their own.
Considerations between Agency vs Independent Surrogacy
There are four major points to consider when choosing an agency vs independent surrogacy. Finding what is important to you and what you want to get out of the surrogacy experience are important components to consider.
Determining Costs of Surrogacy Without an Agency
Often times a determining factor for parents looking to go through the surrogacy process is the cost of the program. Many people don’t want to go through a surrogacy agency because of the extra fees associated with it.
However, if you’re doing surrogacy without an agency, you may end up only saving by a small margin. That being said, the services an agency charges for are all services that go towards ensuring you have a safe and successful surrogacy agency.
You are receiving 24/7 support from your surrogacy professional, education, matching and screening services, counseling, surrogacy planning, case management, mediation and much more.
Risks and Conflicts of Surrogacy Without an Agency
The surrogacy process can be full of risk and conflict without the proper networks. Parents are taking the risk of putting their future into someone’s hands while surrogates are taking on this huge responsibility. While every surrogacy process requires legal assistance, many surrogacy agencies offer this in their package.
This means your legal fees can be pre-determined. If you choose go through independent surrogacy, you will need to find your own attorney who specializes in surrogacy. Having this attorney on retainer and the cost of their legal fees can oftentimes add up.
Surrogacy Without an Agency Means You Lack Professional Support
One of the incredibly beneficial parts of working with a surrogacy agency is the support you receive from your surrogacy professional. They are there to answer any questions you may have about the surrogacy process, recommend different professionals and lend an ear to any of your worries and much more. They also provide educational materials and connections to counseling to help you prepare for parenthood and the surrogacy journey.
Finding a Surrogate Without an Agency
Something that makes parents choose independent surrogacy vs agency is when they already have a surrogate in mind. They may have a friend or family member who they want to carry for them, or they want to save money by avoiding going through agency.
However, it’s important to note that even if you have already chosen a surrogate, you can still partner with an agency to carry out the rest of your surrogacy journey.
Getting Started with an Agency
Working with an agency can offer peace of mind and a quality experience to parents who are ready to get started. Our partners at American Surrogacy offer:
- Short wait times, averaging as low as 30-90 days, provide you with a quicker path to parenthood. This brings you that much closer to holding your baby in your arms.
- Access to quality surrogates ensures a higher level of confidence in the surrogacy process, as these individuals have undergone thorough screening and have a proven history of successful pregnancies.
- Quality surrogates offer you a reliable and supportive foundation for your surrogacy journey, fostering peace of mind and reducing uncertainties.
- Expedited matching with experienced surrogates creates a smoother and more efficient process, allowing you to realize your dream of safely and successfully having a child in the shortest amount of time.
If you feel ready to look into other options, connect with a surrogacy agency today
Ready to get started? Contact a surrogacy agency now to get free information.