What to Know About Infertility Options and Costs
- Surrogacy can be an emotionally rewarding path for building a family, offering personalized support and professional guidance throughout the journey.
- Infertility treatment options include medications, surgical procedures, assisted conception and surrogacy, with costs varying depending on the chosen option.
- A surrogacy professional is always available to help you navigate your infertility options.
If you’re experiencing infertility, then know you’re not alone. It’s normal to feel frustrated, angry and alone after receiving an infertility diagnosis. About 1 in 5 couples in the U.S. are considered infertile and there are always support groups available to help you work through this difficult time.
When you and your partner are ready to explore your infertility options, know that there are plenty to choose from. We’re here to explain your infertility options and costs associated with them to help you move forward with your dreams of building a family.
You can always contact a surrogacy professional online now to learn more about your family-building options.
What Are Options for Infertile Couples?
There are quite a few infertility options you can try if you’re experiencing infertility. If you’re unsure which infertility option to choose, your doctor can help you determine what is best for your situation. Below are four common infertility options you can choose from:
1. Infertility Medications
Sometimes when you’re unable to conceive naturally, a doctor will prescribe a medication to induce ovulation. This infertility option can be oral or injectable medications and are often used with intrauterine insemination (IUI). IUI boosts your chances of pregnancy by placing a specially prepared sperm directly into your uterus.
Here are the two most common oral ovulation-stimulating medications:
The cost of this option for infertile couples can range from $5 to $10 depending on your insurance coverage. A doctor may also prescribe injectable hormones called gonadotropins. The cost of this medication can range from $1,000 to $5,000.
2. Surgical Procedures
Another one of the infertility treatment options involves working with a doctor to perform a surrogacy that repairs blockages or treats an underlying health condition. Some common reasons why you might explore this infertility option are if you need:
- To repair a fallopian tube
- Surgery to correct endometriosis, fibroids or polycystic ovary syndrome
- Epididymal repair
- Sperm retrieval
How much does this infertility treatment cost? All surgery costs vary depending on where you live and your insurance coverage. Check with your doctor to learn more about the cost of this infertility treatment option.
3. Assisted Conception
When you pursue assisted conception, there are two different types of infertility options you can choose from: Intrauterine insemination (IUI) and in-vitro fertilization (IVF). The doctor will usually try IUI first because it’s less invasive and more affordable, typically ranging from $3,000-$3,500 for one round.
IUI is a great option if:
- You have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- You’ve experienced other infertility challenges
- And more.
Another infertility treatment option you can pursue is IVF. Doctors will often recommend other infertility options before suggesting IVF because of its infertility costs (ranging from $15,000-$30,000) and how invasive it is.
IVF can be offered by a medical professional if you or your partner:
- Are over 40 years old
- Have certain health conditions
- Have experienced fallopian tube damage or blockage
- Have ovulation disorders, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, previous tubal ligation or impaired sperm production.
- Are experiencing unplanned infertility
Making the decision to pursue surrogacy as an infertility option can be an emotional and exciting time. Chances are you’ve experienced some loss during your infertility journey, so taking the time to collect your thoughts before calling a surrogacy agency is completely OK.
Surrogacy is when you work with a gestational carrier to create your baby. You’ll partner with a surrogacy professional who will support you through every step of your surrogacy journey. The infertility costs of surrogacy can vary and range anywhere from $60,000 to $150,000.
Generally, the surrogacy process consists of the following steps:
- Step 1: Choose a reputable surrogacy professional
- Step 2: Complete surrogacy requirements and screenings with your professionals support
- Step 3: Match with a surrogate
- Step 4: Sign a surrogacy contract
- Step 5: Start the surrogacy medical process
- Step 6: Confirm the pregnancy
- Step 7: Welcome your baby home
To learn more about choosing surrogacy as an infertility option, contact a surrogacy professional online now.
When faced with infertility, adoption offers the opportunity to provide a loving home to a child in need, nurturing a sense of purpose and connection. Adoption can allow you to experience the joys of parenthood, fostering a sense of responsibility and commitment towards a child.
Also, it allows for the creation of a family unit that goes beyond biological ties, emphasizing the values of love, care and support. Through adoption, you can embrace the transformative journey of parenthood, fostering a deep sense of fulfillment and making a positive impact on the life of a child.
Benefits of Choosing Surrogacy
Choosing surrogacy as one of your infertility options can come with many benefits. When you work with a surrogacy professional, they’ll provide you with:
- A surrogacy professional that will be by your side to offer personalized support throughout every step of the process.
- Referral to other professionals in network to ensure your surrogacy is legal and safe.
- Services to help you find the best surrogate for you.
- Short wait times to get you once step closer to holding your baby in your arms. The shortest wait times in the industry is an average of 30-90 days.
- The best agencies typically screen surrogates through rigorous background checks, comprehensive medical evaluations and detailed psychological assessments to ensure their suitability for the process.
- And more.
Your dreams of building a family is within reach. Understanding your infertility options can help you make the best decision for your situation. There are always surrogacy professionals available to walk you through the process.
Ready to get started? Contact a surrogacy agency now to get free information.