The Surrogacy Process
What is the Success Rate of Surrogacy?
Many people who come to surrogacy to create a family have dealt with other issues such as infertility on the road to becoming a parent. So when you decide to go through the process, you want to be sure you have a high success rate of surrogacy. Surrogacy actually has the highest success rate of any medical treatment when it comes to assisted reproductive technology.
If you’ve been interested in pursuing surrogacy to start your family, contact a surrogacy professional today.
Average Surrogacy Success Rates
The statistics surrounding surrogacy are rather promising. United States fertility clinics have reported a success rate for birth is as high as 75%, with an increase to 95% once the gestational surrogate is pregnant. When creating an embryo, your fertility clinic will either use your egg and/or sperm or include a donor’s before transferring the embryo to the surrogate. From there, the surrogate will wait for a positive pregnancy test to move forward with the surrogacy process.
What Affects Surrogacy Success Rates
Part of ensuring a surrogacy success rate includes making your IVF process as effective as possible. The following factors should be considered before you start treatment:
- A woman’s age can be a major factor in effectiveness. If you’re a woman between the ages of 24 to 34, you will have a higher rate of success with the IVF process.
- Egg and sperm quality.
- A successful previous pregnancy.
- Controlled ovarian stimulation (COH) protocol. This is essentially the type of fertility medication the intended mother will take and the timing of which they’re administered.
- Lifestyle factors also affect your success rates. You will be a encouraged to avoid alcohol, marijuana and unhealthy foods. It is also recommended to reduce stress and get quality sleep.
How to Improve Surrogacy Success Rates
There are a few things you can do to improve the success rate of surrogacy and the embryo creation process. These will be covered as you meet with your fertility doctor and work through your surrogacy plan.
- Work with a successful clinic: Do thorough research when looking for a fertility clinic to perform the procedure. Read reviews and testimonials of people who had successful IVF experiences with the clinic. Your surrogacy professional will be able to refer you to a reputable clinic from their network of professionals.
- Optimize sperm health – If you have gone through infertility treatments previously, you likely have an idea of whether or not you or your partner’s sperm is healthy for the surrogacy process.
- Use of an egg or sperm donor – A great option for many families struggling with infertility is to use an egg and/or sperm donor to create their embryo. Depending on you or your partner’s age or lifestyle, using your own genetic material may not be a viable option. Using donor gametes can help increase your chances for a successful embryo and pregnancy.
Your surrogacy professional will do everything they can to ensure that you have a promising surrogacy success rate. From getting started to creating a plan and finding your surrogate, they have your best interests at heart. We can help you get started in the surrogacy process. Contact a surrogacy professional to begin your surrogacy journey today.
Ready to get started? Contact a surrogacy agency now to get free information.