Surrogacy Agencies in Alabama
Surrogacy in Alabama is a life-changing experience, and you can have a safe and fully supported surrogacy journey with the help of qualified surrogacy agencies in Alabama.
Contact us today if you want to learn more about surrogacy in Alabama.
We’ll connect you with a helpful surrogacy specialist who will provide a free consultation with all of the information you need. Continue reading to learn more about what surrogacy in Alabama means for surrogates and intended parents.
What is Surrogacy in Alabama?
Surrogacy in Alabama is the process of intended parents having a child with the help of a gestational carrier (a surrogate). This process is completed with the help of several professionals, including a surrogacy agency, fertility clinic, and surrogacy attorney.
What Do Surrogacy Agencies in Alabama Do?
Surrogacy agencies in Alabama help intended parents and surrogates throughout their entire surrogacy journey.
The following are some of the surrogacy agencies in Alabama you could choose to work with:
- American Surrogacy: American Surrogacy aims to help people in Alabama by providing practical and emotional support throughout the surrogacy process. The agency has over 30 years of experience and employs licensed social workers ready to help you start your surrogacy journey.
- Southern Surrogacy: Southern Surrogacy is a regional agency that serves potential surrogates and hopeful adoptive parents in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama.
The Benefits of Working With Surrogacy Agencies in Alabama
Surrogacy agencies in Alabama can take a lot of the stress out of the surrogacy process. Experienced agencies will provide you with a professional who will help you through every step of your surrogacy journey.
No surrogacy journey is the same, and surrogacy professionals have the resources and knowledge to support you throughout your unique experience.
Benefits to Surrogates and Intended Parents
A good surrogacy agency will offer benefits that help intended parents and surrogates’ have smooth, safe surrogacy journeys. Some of our unique benefits include the following:
Good surrogacy agencies in Alabama are proud to talk about their dedication to your safety and their experience and staff.
Short Wait Times
Agencies that have shorter wait times benefit surrogates and intended parents. For example, American Surrogacy has an average match time of 30 to 90 days. The agency can maintain these times by:
- Prescreening: This ensures that every intended parent and surrogate is physically, mentally, and medically ready to start the surrogacy process.
- In-House Marketing: This helps intended parents and surrogates create profiles to attract the right match.
- Ratio: The agency doesn’t overload its waiting families list and has a 1:1 intended parent-to-surrogate ratio.
An Alabama surrogacy agency’s fees should be transparent and offer surrogates competitive base compensation.
How Much Does Surrogacy Cost in Alabama? Generally, surrogacy in Alabama costs between $120,000 and $250,000. For reference, American Surrogacy offers a fixed-fee structure, and its fixed cost is $149,900. This covers American Surrogacy’s services, gestational carrier fees, and medical and legal fees.
How Much is a Surrogate Compensated in Alabama? Most surrogates earn anywhere from $45,000 to $75,000 in base compensation. Generally, first-time surrogates earn $45,000 to $50,000.
An Alabama surrogacy agency should employ surrogacy professionals who can refer you to outside professionals who can handle certain aspects of your journey. These professionals include:
- A surrogacy attorney who knows Alabama surrogacy laws
- A fertility clinic if you require gamete donors
- And more
Alabama Surrogacy Laws
Alabama has no surrogacy laws, but the state’s court system favors the family-building method. Compensated surrogacy is also permitted, and a surrogacy contract that an experienced surrogacy attorney drafts will protect a surrogate’s and intended parents’ rights.
How to Become a Surrogate in Alabama
Generally, there are five steps to becoming a surrogate in Alabama.
- Step 1: Application and surrogacy screenings
- Step 2: Matching with intended parents
- Step 3: Create a surrogacy contract
- Step 4: Start the surrogacy medical process
- Step 5: Complete the surrogacy journey
Alabama Surrogacy for Intended Parents
Intended parents can start the surrogacy journey by reaching out to a surrogacy professional at an agency. When an intended parent reaches out to a surrogacy agency, they can expect to go through the following steps:
- Step 1: Decide that surrogacy is the right family-building option
- Step 2: Prepare for the surrogacy journey
- Step 3: Find a surrogate to carry your child
- Step 4: Create a surrogacy contract
- Step 5: Start the medical surrogacy process
- Step 6: Welcome the child and enjoy parenthood
Next Steps Toward Surrogacy in Alabama
Ready to get started? Contact a surrogacy agency now to get free information.