Private Surrogate Mother Costs
- Learn how agencies work with independent surrogate programs.
- Discover why surrogates need to be screened and what the qualifications look like.
- Connect with an agency to help you keep your private surrogate mother costs low.
Many people who pursue surrogacy may come into the process with a surrogate already in mind. Many choose this because finding a private surrogate mother costs less than going through an agency. This might make them want to go through the independent surrogacy process.
When choosing independent surrogacy, you may be putting a lot at risk and putting a lot more work on your plate. This gets in the way of enjoying the important milestones you’ll reach on your path to parenthood. Learn more about independent surrogacy and private surrogate mother costs by reaching out to a surrogacy professional today.
What is the Private Surrogate Mother Cost?
Using a private surrogate mother cost may look different than if you found your surrogate through an agency. You may be able to find an altruistic surrogacy situation, which would mean the surrogate is doing this process for no salary. However, you would still be expected to pay for the costs of pregnancy which include medical fees and legal fees. Other costs associated with surrogacy include:
- Insurance coverage of gestational carrier
- Medical screenings
- Embryo transfer
- Parent and surrogate attorney fees
- IVF fees
- And more
Working with an Agency
Even if you are choosing to pursue a private surrogate mother, costs can still mount up. Using a surrogacy agency can help you be clear of what you are paying for and how much you are spending. Our partner agency, American Surrogacy, offers an Independent Surrogate Program so you can use the surrogate of your choice while also having the support and network of an agency.
Other benefits of working with an agency include:
- 24/7 Support: Your surrogacy professional will be there to offer you support throughout your entire surrogacy process. No matter what questions you have, they are there to support you.
- Extensive Surrogate Screenings: Even if you choose a private surrogate mother, you will still need them to be screened. This ensures that she is ready for surrogacy emotionally and physically.
- Network of Professionals: Working with medical and legal professionals can add up in costs, often times with them upping prices if you’re going through surrogacy independently. An agency will be able to connect you with their network of professionals to help keep costs low.
Independent Surrogate Programs
Even if you go through a surrogacy agency, many have independent surrogate programs so you still won’t be paying the extra fees associated with finding a surrogate. This program will allow your chosen surrogate to go through the screening processes any other surrogate would go through to ensure they are a quality candidate for carrying a child.
Why Your Surrogate needs to be Screened
You may trust your private surrogate mother, but there are national standards that every surrogate must meet to be qualified. Even if you completely trust your surrogate, there can be underlying health issues that may not make them a good surrogate. This puts both you and your surrogate at risk. Typical surrogate requirements include:
- Between the ages of 21-38
- Have a BMI of 19-32
- No smoking or illicit drug use
- Had at least one successful pregnancy and more than five cesarean births
- Be currently raising a child
- No major complications in previous pregnancies
- No tattoos or piercings within the last 12 months
- Not be on anti-depressants or anti-anxiety medication in the last 12 months
If your surrogate does not meet all of these requirements it may be up to the surrogacy agency or fertility clinic whether they can still become a surrogate. However, they will then need to go through the screening process which includes a background check, social and medical screening.
This helps to ensure everyone is prepared and they are in a supportive environment to grow your baby. It’s definitely worth the private surrogate mother costs to ensure everyone is protected.
If you’re ready to start working with an agency, or have questions about how to get started, contact a surrogacy professional today.
Ready to get started? Contact a surrogacy agency now to get free information.