Surrogacy Agencies in Maryland
Surrogacy in Maryland is a wonderful family-building option. Maryland is a surrogacy-friendly state, and surrogacy agencies in Maryland are ready to help you learn more about the process.
You can contact us today to learn more about surrogacy. We will connect you with surrogacy professionals who work at experienced surrogacy agencies that can explain the common steps of surrogacy.
Continue reading to find out more about becoming a surrogate in Maryland, how intended parents go about finding a surrogate in Maryland, and more.
What is Surrogacy in Maryland?
Whether you’re wondering how to have a baby through surrogacy in Maryland or learning how to become a surrogate in Maryland, surrogacy agencies in Maryland can help you.
All surrogacy journeys involve a surrogate, intended parents, and surrogacy professionals. Some of the surrogacy professionals you’ll work with include:
- A surrogacy agency
- A surrogacy attorney
- A fertility clinic
What do Surrogacy Agencies in Maryland do
It’s common for intended parents and prospective surrogates to choose an agency-assisted surrogacy in Maryland. Because you work with surrogacy agencies in Maryland, most of your surrogacy experience is handled by a professional experienced in surrogacy. This makes the entire process easier.
Surrogacy agencies in Maryland may be referred to as “one-stop shops,” as intended parents and prospective surrogates can get the help they need from beginning to end. Much of this help comes in the form of different surrogacy-related services, like:
- Guidance through the screening process to ensure you are eligible for surrogacy
- Matching services to find the right surrogacy partner
- Coordinating with other surrogacy professionals you’ll work with throughout the surrogacy process
- And more
You can contact a local surrogacy agency in Maryland to learn more about the surrogacy process. Here are a few options:
The Benefits of Working With a Surrogacy Agency in Maryland
Intended parents and surrogates can experience many benefits when partnering with surrogacy agencies in Maryland.
1. Financial Certainty and Competitive Base Compensation
The best surrogacy agencies in Maryland have transparent fees and a fair surrogate payment structure.
How Much Does Surrogacy Cost in Maryland?
The surrogacy cost in Maryland for intended parents ranges from $120,000-$250,000. But, you can get a better idea of the cost of surrogacy in Maryland when you work with a surrogacy agency in Maryland with a fixed-fee structure.
For example, American Surrogacy offers a fixed cost of $149,900. This fee covers the agency’s services, gestational carrier fees, and medical and legal fees. The agency also provides:
- A Parent Protection Fee that covers any variable surrogacy costs.
- A surrogacy professional who will lay out and keep track of your journey’s variable fees (IVF fees, newborn expenses, intended parent travel, surrogate breast milk, outside counsel, varied surrogate experience and location, and additional surrogate mother insurance).
Surrogate Compensation in Maryland
At an agency like American Surrogacy, first-time surrogates can earn $45,000 to $50,000, and experienced surrogates can earn $75,000. The surrogate can use this money however she wishes.
In addition to this compensation, a surrogate is reimbursed for her:
- Medical fees
- Pregnancy expenses
- Surrogacy costs
- Legal fees
2. Case Management
Pursuing surrogacy in Maryland is easier when you work with an agency that provides comprehensive case management.
This is another way American Surrogacy exceeds at helping surrogates and intended parents. This Maryland surrogacy agency’s case management services include the following:
- Financial management of surrogate compensation money in escrow, surrogacy- and pregnancy-related expenses, budgeting for the intended parents, and more.
- Coordinating with outside professionals (attorneys, local fertility clinics, etc.) whenever necessary.
- Acting as the main point of contact for everyone involved in the surrogacy process.
3. Matching Services
Surrogacy agencies in Maryland offer matching services to surrogates and intended parents.
Agencies with shorter matchmaking wait times can better serve surrogates and intended parents. For example, American Surrogacy has an average match time of 30 to 90 days. The agency can maintain this by:
- Prescreening: This ensures that every surrogacy party is physically, mentally, and medically prepared to go through the surrogacy process.
- In-House Marketing: This helps intended parents and surrogates create profiles to attract the right match.
- Ratio: The agency doesn’t overload its waiting families list and has a 1:1 intended parent-to-surrogate ratio.
Surrogacy Laws in Maryland
While there are no surrogacy laws in Maryland, in 2007, the Maryland Court of Appeals made a ruling that indirectly approved gestational surrogacy arrangements.
Also, in Maryland, surrogates can receive compensation for their services, intended parents can legally become their child’s guardian/s, and surrogacy contracts are enforced.
Surrogacy Steps for Surrogacy in Maryland
While every person’s surrogacy journey is unique, there are some common steps that you’ll take on your journey:
- Step 1: Decide whether surrogacy is right for you
- Step 2: Fulfill surrogacy screenings
- Step 3: Find a surrogacy match
- Step 4: Start the surrogacy medical process
- Step 5: Complete the surrogacy journey
The Next Steps to Learning About Surrogacy in Maryland
Ready to get started? Contact a surrogacy agency now to get free information.