Surrogacy Agencies in Nebraska
If you’re curious how surrogacy agencies in Nebraska can assist hopeful intended parents and prospective surrogates in starting surrogacy journeys, we can help!
Contact us today to find out how the surrogacy process works in Nebraska.
We will put you in contact with a surrogacy professional at an experienced surrogacy agency in Nebraska that can give you a free consultation. You can learn more about surrogacy in Nebraska before talking to a professional, continue reading.
What is Surrogacy in Nebraska?
Surrogacy in Nebraska involves a surrogate (also known as a gestational carrier), intended parents, and surrogacy professionals.
The surrogate becomes pregnant through in vitro fertilization (IVF) using the parents’ gametes (or donor gametes) and carries the baby to term. Once the child is born, the surrogate goes home to recover, and the parents leave the hospital with their child.
Why Work With Surrogacy Agencies in Nebraska?
Surrogacy agencies in Nebraska provide intended parents and surrogates with a surrogacy professional. This person ensures that your entire journey is handled legally and safely. Surrogacy professionals are able to do this by:
- Screening and matching all surrogacy parties
- Providing 24/7 support
- Assisting through the legal and medical process
- And more
If you’re looking for a surrogacy agency in Nebraska to work with, you can start with this list:
- American Surrogacy
- Reproductive Possibilities
- Heartland Fertility
- Creative Family Connections
- Family Inceptions
- Love & Kindness Surrogacy
Essential Surrogacy Agency Benefits
All the best surrogacy agencies in Nebraska offer the following services to the surrogacy parties they work with.
Surrogacy Partner Matching and Screening
Surrogacy professionals at surrogacy agencies in Nebraska have experience matching surrogates and intended parents. These professionals do this by:
- Prescreening surrogates and intended parents to ensure they are ready for surrogacy. The screenings evaluate a person’s physical, emotional, and medical state.
- Helping intended parents and surrogates complete a surrogacy profile.
- Creating a surrogacy plan that details everyone’s needs.
- And more.
Certain surrogacy agencies in Nebraska have shorter match wait times. For example, American Surrogacy has an average match time of 30 to 90 days. The agency can maintain these times by:
- Prescreening surrogates and intended parents
- Providing in-house marketing for clients
- Keeping a 1:1 intended parent-to-surrogate ratio
Surrogacy agencies in Nebraska that provide case management can make your surrogacy journey easier to navigate.
Agencies like American Surrogacy offer case management so you can focus on your needs during the surrogacy process. This agency’s licensed professionals will handle your surrogacy’s paperwork and organize and help schedule your appointments and meetings.
Surrogacy Support and Counseling
Great surrogacy agencies in Nebraska employ licensed social workers as surrogacy professionals. When a professional has this credential, they are better able to provide emotional and practical support. American Surrogacy employs licensed surrogacy professionals.
The agency also provides all surrogacy parties 24/7 support and can refer you to an outside counselor specializing in infertility, surrogacy, etc.
Legal Help and References
The answer to “Is surrogacy legal in Nebraska” is complicated.
Nebraska surrogacy laws state that:
- A surrogacy contract isn’t enforceable
- Surrogacy compensation is illegal
But, surrogacy in Nebraska can still be possible for you when you work with a skilled surrogacy attorney. An attorney can:
- Create a surrogacy agreement through a “memoranda of understanding” to help enforce your needs.
- Help intended parents navigate how to become the child’s legal guardian.
- And more.
Transparent Surrogacy Fees and Competitive Surrogate Compensation
Surrogacy agencies in Nebraska also help manage surrogate payments and handle all intended parent surrogacy payments.
- The Cost of Surrogacy in Nebraska: Surrogacy in Nebraska costs between $120,000 and $250,000. When you’re looking for a surrogacy agency to work with, look for an agency that offers a fixed-fee structure. This payment structure makes costs more predictable. For example, American Surrogacy offers a transparent fixed cost of $149,900. This covers American Surrogacy’s services, gestational carrier fees, and medical and legal fees. This agency also protects the intended parents’ money and handles all their variable fees.
- How Much Do Surrogates Make in Nebraska?: Because surrogacy contracts are not enforceable and compensation is not permitted, a surrogate can only pursue altruistic surrogacy in Nebraska (surrogacy without base compensation). Generally, most surrogates earn anywhere from $45,000 to $75,000 in base compensation. At agencies like American Surrogacy, first-time surrogates earn $45,000 to $50,000. A surrogate can use this compensation however she wants. Surrogates also will receive reimbursement for their medical, pregnancy, legal, and surrogacy costs.
7 Steps of Surrogacy for Intended Parents and Surrogates in Nebraska
Intended parents and surrogates throughout Nebraska go through the following surrogacy steps in Nebraska.
- Decide if surrogacy in Nebraska is the right choice for you.
- Prepare for surrogacy in Nebraska by undergoing surrogacy screenings, which include psychological and medical screenings.
- Match with intended parents or a woman who wants to become a surrogate in Nebraska.
- Take to a surrogacy attorney about what your surrogacy will look like in Nebraska.
- Begin the medical surrogacy process (the fertilization and embryo transfer process).
- Confirm a pregnancy and get to know the other people in your surrogacy party via pre-delivery visits and OBGYN appointments.
- Welcome the baby and conclude the journey.
Next Steps to Working With Surrogacy Agencies in Nebraska
Ready to get started? Contact a surrogacy agency now to get free information.