Surrogacy Agencies in Washington
Although surrogacy in Washington is challenging, it’s still possible for you if you seek the help of experienced surrogacy professionals who know the state’s laws.
Contact us today to learn more about surrogacy in Washington. We can connect you with surrogacy professionals who can give you a free surrogacy consultation. Keep reading to learn how surrogacy agencies in Washington can ensure your surrogacy journey is safely and legally handled and how they can help you make a surrogacy plan.
Surrogacy in Washington State
Surrogacy in Washington State is challenging because specific laws limit this family-building method. Because of this, only certain types of surrogacy in Washington State are legal.
Generally, in most other states, it’s legal for all intended parents and surrogates to embark on a gestational surrogacy journey. Gestational surrogacy is when a surrogate carries the intended parents’ baby. The surrogate gets pregnant through IVF, and the embryo the fertility clinic implants in her uterus is created with the intended parents’ gametes (or donor gametes).
Surrogacy Agencies in Washington State
It’s wise to work with surrogacy agencies in Washington to ensure you’re following all surrogacy laws. Also, surrogacy agencies can provide you with the following essential services:
- Case Management: This allows you to spend time on yourself and focus on your journey.
- Support: Surrogates and intended parents can receive 24/7 support
- Financial Clarity: Agencies will manage all fees during your journey.
- Matching Services: The best surrogacy agencies in Washington State offer fast matching services. For example, American Surrogacy has an average match time of 30 to 90 days.
If you’d like to contact a surrogacy agency in Washington to learn more about the process today, here are a few you can consider:
Is Surrogacy Legal in Washington State?
If you’re wondering, “Is surrogacy legal in Washington State,” the answer is complicated.
While some surrogacies are permitted in Washington, some surrogacy journeys are illegal or legally risky. The following are some of the reasons why surrogacy in Washington State is complex:
- Surrogacy laws in Washington State it’s only legal for intended parents and surrogates to embark on an altruistic surrogacy journey. This means compensated surrogacy isn’t allowed.
- According to American Surrogacy, “Intended parents cannot obtain pre-birth orders, and there are regulations regarding who can obtain a post-birth order versus an adoption after birth.”
- All surrogacy contracts must be altruistic.
Altruistic Surrogacy in Washington
Any surrogacy in the state needs to be altruistic. This means the surrogate is not paid for her time or compensated for her journey. This is why anyone interested in becoming a surrogate in Washington is typically a friend or family member of the intended parents.
How to Become a Surrogate in Washington State
Most experienced surrogacy agencies in Washington will advise people interested in becoming a surrogate in Washington to be cautious before proceeding.
While an experienced surrogacy attorney can help craft a gestational carrier’s surrogacy contract, a surrogate can’t receive compensation in the state. This means the answer to the question, “How much do surrogates get paid in Washington State,” is nothing.
Although gestational carriers don’t receive compensation for their time for surrogacy in Washington State, they receive reimbursement for all their expenses.
How Much Does Surrogacy Cost in Washington State?
Generally, surrogacy in Washington State costs between $120,000 and $250,000.
For reference, American Surrogacy offers a fixed fee of $149,900. This covers American Surrogacy’s services, gestational carrier fees, and medical and legal fees.* (NOTE: Is this true in this state?)
The benefit of working with an agency with a fixed-free structure is that all costs are transparent.
What do Surrogacy Agencies in Washington do?
Surrogacy agencies in Washington can help surrogacy parties through the following surrogacy steps:
- Ensure every surrogacy party understands that surrogacy in Washington State is challenging but possible.
- Help each surrogacy party complete all necessary surrogacy screenings (psychological, physical, and medical)
- Make a match and create a surrogacy contract that follows the state’s laws.
- Start the surrogacy medical process.
- Complete the surrogacy journey.
Next Steps Toward Surrogacy in Washington State
Ready to get started? Contact a surrogacy agency now to get free information.